This is one of our favourite recipes. The chicken can be prepared the day before, then its a quick meal, it just takes about 15 minutes to cook, until chicken is done.
2 chicken fillets diced
1 tablespoon Xylitol or any other sugar free sweetener
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
4-6 garlic cloves, diced or crushed
1 large red chilli (or 2 small) diced – if you want it hot leave in the seeds, we do
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup lemon juice
Mix all marinade ingredients together and add diced chicken and stir through. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
To cook, put all into a fry pan and sauté until chicken is cooked. The marinade becomes the sauce.
Spoon over rice or cauliflower rice. If you like add a leafy green salad.
My husband is diabetic therefore we do not use rice if possible. Cauliflower rice is a yummy alternative.
To Make Cauliflower Rice
1. Roughly chop up 1/2 cauliflower into about 3-4cm chunks(stalks and all)
2. Wash pieces and dry really well(any moisture will make the mixture mooshy)
3. Place pieces in a processer, bit by bit, making sure not to overcrowd the container.
4. Whizz away until it’s looks like rice. Don’t go overboard
5. Put it in a microwave proof dish or in a bowl and cover with cling film
6. Place in the microwave for 6 minutes. Be careful when you take it out because it will be super hot and steamy
7. Fluff up by stirring with the folk and voila you’ve got your very own vegetable rice!
As always I do a blessing on the food –
General Ingredient Blessing
Put your hands over the ingredients of any dish. Envision pure light entering the ingredients. Circle palms five times over the ingredients and say:
From the East, the air brings wisdom
From the South, the fire brings creation
From the West, the water brings love
From the North, the earth bring stability
From the Center, Spirit brings blessings
Tap the counter three times and say:
The love is sealed